Orthodox Kids Teach Series
We will begin our first series of questions with a thematic study. Our first theme will be exploring and investigating our being at, and experiencing church. I have included a calendar of due dates to hopefully better explain the direction we will be going. I will share the October calendar, which is a continuation of the theme, closer to time.
September 1: Question 2 Orthodox Kids Explain: Why we go to Church
Question/Finish this sentence: We go to Church…
September 6: Outside: Create a piece of art depicting the outside of your church. Draw, paint, sculpt, collage, build (Legos), etc to create a “replica” of your Church. Then take a picture of your work and email it to us (and a picture of yourself and/or your church if you would like). Please include the name of your church, location, your first name, and age.
September 11: Outside/Inside: Map it out/Parts of the Church. Map out your parish from the shape to the fine details.
September 18: Inside: Narthex Question 3 (to be explained)
September 25: Inside: Narthex Question 4 (to be explained)
October’s tentative dates and topics…
October 4: Nave Question 5 October 11: Nave Question 6
October 18: Solea Question 7 October 25: Sanctuary/Alter Question 8
November 1: Sanctuary/Alter
How Orthodox Kids Teach works:
Every week (or two weeks) there will be a new topic, question, or a series of questions for your child or children to share and record their organic thoughts about, and send in. The videos collected will then be edited and turned into a short video to share on our YouTube Channel. Permission: everyone/anyone in the video or pictures must give their permission and/or have their parent’s permission.
- Ask your child the question(s) (or it may be a topic) and record their answer using your phone (see the link on how to record a sound bite.) It can either be a video, sound bite, handwritten note, drawing, typed note, or feel free to be creative!!!!
– Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the question/topic title in the subject line.
– In the body of the email please include their first name and age.
– Once you send in your work, please make sure you receive a confirmation email
to show that it has been received.
- Videos will then be edited and added to our YouTube Channel.
Thank you so much and please let me know if you have any questions.